Foggy Mountain Forge is a 1,500-square-foot building with an additional 500 square feet of covered outdoor space where our coal forge and other tools are used. We are currently in the process of repurposing the interior of the shop into an antique machines shop.
Onsite we have a 1904 John Bertrum & Sons drill press, a 1906 John Bertrum & Sons metal lathe, 1922 AR Williams milling machine, 1927 Beaudry no 8 mechanical power hammer with a 1949 Witte horizontal engine to run it all with the overhead line drive and leather belt systems. A working 1949 KB6 International flat bed truck also lives in the shop with hopes of one day being finished to be a great little work truck for community events. Besides that, we have modern tools such as various welders, plasma cutters, drill presses, and many other tools that we have gathered after 45+ years in the industry.
Outside of the shop you will see various piles of scrap metal, which one day we hope will find a purpose in life.